(Image credit: Furniture, Lighting & Decor)
High Point Market for spring 2023 is just weeks away, taking place from April 22-26 in the furniture capital of the world, High Point, NC. Over 75,000 interior designers, interior design vendors, and industry tastemakers will gather, traverse the 11.5 million square feet of exhibition space, develop new skills for their craft, and toast to great friends at the afterparty.
High Point Market Authority is constantly improving the conference experience with updated work resources, more spaces for rest and relaxation, and utilizing the limited time visitors have to cover everything in just a few days.
They also provide a preview of what to expect during the event, including ways to experience the market through a curated eye. Design Manager is a proud sponsor of High Point Market and we look forward to sharing our insights and recommendations here.
How to Use the Preview to Plan Your Time at the Conference
The more information you can gather ahead of time, the better your market experience will be. When it comes to providing every detail of what attendees can expect at least a month in advance of the conference, the High Point Market Authority is the best in the business:
- High Point Market Spring ‘23 Preview: This 416 page, all inclusive preview is the ultimate planning tool. If you flip through this book, you will know what to expect at the conference, including a lot of the products you will see.
- Exhibitor Directory: Find specific vendors by advanced search that includes parameters from category to style to pricepoint to neighborhood.
- Design Preview: Browsing this magazine format of the exhibitions is a good way to identify new vendors that pique your interest so you can plan walking routes that allow you to scope them out efficiently.
See It Through Someone Else’s Eyes
When there is so much happening in one place at one time, it’s helpful to have a lens to focus your view. The High Point Market Authority, as well as their sister organization the International Markets Center (IMC), each provide curated views by designers and other industry experts.
- IMC’s Trendwatch: The International Market Center’s Trendwatch has become a staple of every High Point Market. Professional trends forecaster, Julie Smith Vincenti of Nine Muses Media, curates a vision of the interior design zeitgeist, selecting from thousands of submissions to be shown at market. This year, IMC’s Trendwatch has published a three-part forecast titled “Immersion”, based on PANTONE®’s 2023 it-color, Viva Magenta, “Confections” featuring layered, textured neutrals and “Studio”, Trendwatch’s time capsule to the of the ‘90’s featuring bright colors and a lot of denim. Register to take the Trendwatch Tour on Sunday, April 24 from 2:30pm-4:00pm EDT
- HPMKT’s Style Spotters: The HPMKT StyleSpotters are back again, offering in-person attendees tours of their personal market favorites while giving insider access to online followers through dedicated days of Instagram takeovers on the @highpointmarket handle. Sign up for tours from Gary Inman, Toma Clark Haines, Mike Petersen & Linda Kafka, Ariene Bethea, Cheryl Lucket, and David Santiago here!
- Fashion Snoops: Something new to High Point Market this year is Fashion Snoops, the global trend forecasting agency, which has partnered with The International Textile Alliance, High Point Market Authority and the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation as an official trend partner. This Spring, Fashion Snopes will put on an exhibition titled, “Symbiotic”, featuring products that invoke nature and embody organic forms.
Expand Your Business Model with New Insights
There is always something to learn as an interior designer, and High Point Market has a packed program with well over 100 events open to attendees across the six days of this spring’s iteration. Here are some of our top picks:
- The Building Blocks of a Firm’s Financials: On Friday from 2-3pm, Traci Connell and Beth Bender present strategies to organize the back end of your business to make sure your business has a solid financial foundation.
- Sustainable Choice: Green Product Sourcing Tour: To commemorate Earth Day, join Sustainable Furnishings Council and LivABLE Environment, Inc. for a tour of showrooms that feature sustainable products, a fast growing sector in the industry. Register here for the tour taking place on Saturday from 3-6:30pm.
- Why You Need a Sales Ecosystem: You can be a talented interior designer, but an intentional sales and marketing strategy will always be a key component to client acquisition and retention. Learn a scientific approach to growing your business on Sunday from a star-studded panel on Sunday from 2-3pm.
The Importance of Networking Events
Alongside the educational event schedule, the networking event roster is filled with opportunities to have fun while meeting new friends and potential collaborators. Check the schedule to find the must-attend events. If you need a little direction, we suggest:
- New Buyer Mixer: If this is one of your first markets, joining this New Buyer Mixer is the perfect opportunity to meet other colleagues in a similar place in their careers while learning some of the insider secrets to buying interior design products in the world of trade-only. You can catch one of these fun socials on Friday from 3-5pm and Monday from 5-7pm.
- En Vogue Live at Center Stage: Don’t miss the performance by the iconic En Vogue on Saturday from 7-8:30. Food and beverages will be served!
- Happy Hour Hosted by Hinkley and Elle Decor: Don’t miss the chance to hobnob with Elle Decor editors and Lisa McDennon, Hinkley's esteemed designer. Block your calendar on Sunday from 4-6pm because this mixer is sure to draw a crowd of A-listers.
High Point Market manages to out-do itself time and time again, and we expect nothing less from this spring ‘23 edition. If you can’t make it in person, follow @highpointmarket for the next best thing! For information on other important interior design events throughout the year, check out our events calendar.